The God's Given Lionel Messi - messilegend

Friday, April 3, 2009

Messi Is Better Than Maradona


Well, if an average person like you say Messi is better than Maradona, I wonder who will listen! But to hear that from Maradona himself, the world will open up their ears (and perhaps their mouth - like "Woww!!")!

For me, I think Messi is Messi, the new legend. You can compare but both have their own way to play beautiful football. Maradona is already a legend, and Messi is going to become the new legend! Plus football is more challenging these days. Did anyone say anything about Christiano Ronaldo? I wonder why!

Maradona: Messi Better Than Me
Maradona shared a few words with Inter Channel and he is full of praise for Inter as well as Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

Messi finished second in the FIFA World Player of the Year award, but Maradona believes the Blaugrana striker can become better than him.

"Messi the new Maradona? I hope so, in fact I want him to become even better than me. Everyone will benefit if he does," added the former Napoli star. "I really hope Messi is not just the new Maradona, but that he is even better than me."


Maradona: Messi is like me
Argentina coach Diego Maradona expects Lionel Messi to emulate his World Cup winning display of 1986 in the 2010 tournament in South Africa.

Messi has been widely regarded as one of the best players in the world in recent years and Maradona, who was installed as national team coach last month, believes the Barcelona star will become even better and could lead Argentina to glory in South Africa.

"Messi still has a long way to go - I think he has another 10 years in front of him to improve," said Maradona at a press conference in Kolkata.

"He'll be doing fine in 2010, he'll be somewhat like me."

------

Sources:
Maradona: Messi Better Than Me; I Would Have Played For Inter
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1707/inter/2009/01/13/1058957/maradona-messi-better-than-me-i-would-have-played-for-inter

Maradona: Messi is like me
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=599943&&cc=4716

2 comments:

BESTPLAYERINTHEWORLD said...

Messi is currently the best player in the world.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.